Job Title: Service Techncian - Edmonton
City: Edmonton / State: Alberta
Direct Energy is one of North America’s largest competitive energy suppliers of electricity, natural gas and related services. With approximately 6,000 employees, we are active in electricity production and natural gas extraction, as well as their distribution and sales to businesses and home owners. Direct Energy has more than six million customer relationships helping them effectively manage all of their energy needs.
Our vision is to be the most recommended energy and services provider in North America. Our people work across North America using their energy expertise to make a difference in our customers’ lives, every day.
Simple. Friendly. Direct. That’s the DE way.
Direct Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Service and inspect all makes and models of air conditioners, residential furnaces, hot water tanks, tankless water heaters and indoor air quality products up to company standards, industry codes, regulations and accepted safety practices
• Work from drawings or verbal instructions to mount or place system components
• Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components such as compressors, condensers, evaporators, metering devices and line sets
• Install and calibrate related controls (including wiring)
• Start up systems, test lines to detect leaks and record the readings taken to ensure that the system is functioning satisfactorily.
• Calibrate equipment as per manufacture specifications and Direct Energy’s Home Services check sheet
• Advise customers of repair vs. replace options and equipment replacement offers
• Inform office of any leads generated from maintenances
• Test and replace defective equipment or components
• Maintain accurate records for future reference
• Sustaining high customer satisfaction levels
• Assuring all tools and equipment used are in good and safe working order
• Keeping vehicle clean and neat both inside and out in keeping with the company’s professional image
• Keeping vehicle stocked with all material necessary to perform daily duties
• Keeping air conditioning units filled with refrigerant and maintain a log book as to refrigerant usage
• Promoting Direct Energy products and services
• Providing best advice to customers on repairing or replacing existing equipment
• The working environment varies greatly from one job to another. Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics work in a wide variety of environments, roof top, residential homes, commercial settings. They normally work 40 hours a week on a year round basis with on call for 24 hour service.
• Refrigeration and air conditioning mechanics may be required to lift and move items that weigh over 20 kilograms. There is some risk of injury when working with electricity, gases under high pressure and hazardous gases
• Must have completed a minimum of second year of Refrigeration Apprenticeship program; refrigeration journeyman ticket is preferred.
• Must have a valid driver's license with clean driver's abstract maintained
• Must have own tools and meters necessary for troubleshooting and servicing HVAC equipment
• Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and electronic aptitude
• Proven commitment to the delivery of customer-focused service.
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Exceptional interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Result oriented, achieving high levels of individual and team performance.
Direct Energy offers a stimulating work environment with a highly competitive compensation package including hourly wage, excellent benefits, training opportunities and employee share purchase plan. Direct Energy is committed to the health and safety of our teams and follows numerous Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) guidelines. Direct Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Visit us at www.directenergy.com for more information.